List of some of the oldest registered domain names
Domain names have been in existence for quite a time now. There have been so many questions on the first registered domain name on the internet. Here is time for answers. The first registered domain name was Symbolics.com. The domain name “Symbolics.com” was registered March 15, 1985, to a computer systems company in Cambridge Symbolics Inc.
However, Symbolics.com was not the first domain name created. The first domain name created was Nordu.net on January 1st, 1985. The domain Nordu.net was used for the first root server. But once registration was permitted, Symbolics got registered first.
Let’s not forget the second registered domain name. It was Bbn.com; it was registered on April 24th, 1985 to BBN technologies.
So now let’s look at the list of some of the oldest registered domain names.
- Symbolics.com: registered to Symbolics on March 15, 1985
- Bbn.com: registered to BBN technologies on April 24, 1985
- Think.com: registered to Thinking machines on May 24, 1985
- Mcc.com: registered to Microelectronics and computer Technology Corporation on July 11, 1985
- Dec.com: registered to Digital Equipment Corporations on September 30, 1985
- Northrop.com: registered to Northrop Corporation on November 7, 1985
- Xerox.com: registered to Xerox on January 9, 1986
- Sri.com: registered to SRI International on January 17, 1986
- Hp.com: registered to Hewlett-Packard on March 3, 1986
- Bellcore.com: registered to Bell Communications research on March 5, 1986
- Ibm.com: registered to IBM on March 19, 1986
- Sun.com: registered to Sun Microsystems on March 19, 1986
- Intel.com: registered to Intel on March 25, 1986
- Ti.com: registered to Texas instruments on March 25, 1986
- Att.com: registered to AT&T on April 25, 1986
- Gmr.com: registered to General Motors Research Laboratories on May 8, 1986
- Tek.com: registered to Tektronix on May 8, 1986
- Fmc.com: registered to FMC Corporation on July 10, 1986
- Ub.com: registered to Ungermann-Bass on July 10, 1986
- Bell-ati.com: registered to Bell Atlantic on August 5, 1986
- Ge.com: registered to General Electric on August 5, 1986
- Grebyn.com: registered to Grebyn corporations on August 5, 1986
- Isc.com: registered to Interactive Systems Corporation on August 5, 1986
- Nsc.com: registered to National semiconductor on August 5, 1986
- Stargate.com: registered to Stargate Industries LLC on August 5, 1986
- Boeing.com: registered to Boeing on September 2, 1986
- Itcorp.com: registered to Interrupt Technology Corporation on September 18, 1986
- Siemens.com: registered to Siemens AG on September 29, 1986
- Pyramid.com: registered to Pyramid Technology on October 18, 1986
- Alphadc.com: registered to Alpha Communications Development Corporation on October 18, 1986.
— The NP Group (@NPGroup) 19 de junio de 2017