If you are just getting started, you probably are meeting various terms such as domain name, domain name extension, hosting websites, URLs, and others. When entering the online world, it is important to know the real meanings of these terms.
We are going to present your our practical guide that will help you learn everything you need to know domains, types of domain available, hosting websites, types of hosting, and how to choose cheap domains for your website.
An Overview over Domains Names and Types of Domains Available
What exactly is a domain name?
A domain name is the name of the websites. So, before you build a website. You need to buy a domain name. The domain is not something you can touch or see, as it is not physical, but a string of characters that give your website an online identity. Here are some examples of domains: Google.com, Alexa.com, Yaho.co.uk, and etc. In order to own a domain name, you need to buy one from a domain registrar.Here is a list of the most popular domain registrars you can use:
• Network Solutions
The types of domain available
There are 4 different types of domains available:
- Top-level domains – These domains are also known as TLDN and they are the terminating part of any domain name such as .org, .com, .net, and etc.
- Second-level domains – These domains are the literals appearing before the TLDN. For example, in the domain google.com, the second-level domain name is google.
- Third-level domains – The third-level domains are the letters that appear before the first dot in any domain name.
- Country domains – The country domains are also top-level domain names held individually by a country. For example, .it refers to Italy, .uk refers to the United Kingdom, and etc.
How to Choose Best Cheap Domains for Your Website
Here are some tips you need to keep in mind when buying a domain for your website:
- Keep it as simple as possible
- Remember, the shorter, the better
- Make sure to avoid hyphens
- If .com is not available, you can consider other domain name extensions
- Keep it singular
- Make it keywords rich
- Consider type-in-traffic
- Avoid numeral substitutions
- Avoid slang
- Make it brandable
An Overview Over Web Hosting and Types of Hosting Available
Web hosting is a place where businesses and individuals keep their website. The web hosting is a place where you can store computer files such as documents, HTML, images, videos, and etc. Usually, the term web hosting refers to the company that owns or rents the servers to store your website and provides internet connectivity in order for other computers can access to your website’s files.
There are 4 types of web hosting:
- Free Hosting – The free hosting is recommended for sites with extremely low traffic such as the personal sites. This type of hosting comes with limited technical options and support.
- Dedicated Hosting – The website is hosted on a dedicated server and it is suitable for large and heavy websites where traffic is very high.
- Collocated Hosting – It allows to place your own web server on the locations of a hosting service provider.
- Shared Hosting – In this type, you share the server with other users.
We hope you learned everything!
- Domain names have been in existence for quite a time now. There have been so many questions on the first registered domain name on the [...]
- Choosing a domain name is like choosing a company’s name, it takes lots of consideration and thought. You should make sure that your domain name [...]
- You must be wondering why you need an expired domain. There are so many reasons why you need an expired domain; I mean so many [...]